Large Dog > 8kgs : $40.00
Small Dog < 8kgs : $35.00
Public Holiday: $15.00 per day
Medication: $5.00 per day
Diabetic Medication: $10.00 per day
Peak periods Easter and Christmas please contact us
Our Dog boarding facility has three different sized living areas. We have large, medium and small areas for your pets to sleep in. Large and Medium living spaces are floor to ceiling runs. Small living spaces are arranged as a bank of kennels that we find small dogs feel secure and more protected in. All dogs are housed separately unless they are from the same family and it has been specified they share together.
The boarding facility is hosed, disinfected and vacuumed on a daily basis ensuring hygiene standards are kept at a high standard.
Our exercise yard is blown free of leaves and sticks and disinfected and hosed daily with special odour control enzymes applied every second day.
In the large and medium runs all dogs have a trampoline bed that is off the ground that is covered in a comfy blanket. In the small living areas all dogs have a plush cushion bed to sleep on.
All dogs are fed premium Hills Canine Science diet dry food for the specific age they are at. If your dog has a specific diet we will need you to bring this with them and we will follow your instructions on feeding.
Dogs under 10kgs if social are exercised in groups of two to three with supervision of an animal attendant. All dogs over 10kgs are exercised separately each with supervision of an animal attendant. We have exercising equipment ranging from weave agility poles, shell pools, tug toys and balls, tunnels and hanging toys for our boarders to exercise with and burn some energy. Alternatively we find that some dogs would prefer to receive a pat and a hug and lay in our laps and soak up some attention. The animal attendant will accommodate each individuals needs as necessary.
Drop off and Pick up times
You can drop off or pick up your dog between 9.00am-11.00am Monday - Saturday or 9.30-11am and 3.00-5.30pm on Sundays. We do not have any drop offs or pick ups on public holidays.
* If you need to come outside of these hours this must be pre-arranged and it will incur an outside hours charge of $20.00.
To view our facility or visit a boarding pet the times will be between 3.30pm and 4.00pm during weekdays. Out of these hours will require a special booking organised with our receptionists.
Terms and conditions of boarding:
- Dogs and cats must be fully vaccinated to Inner City Pet Boarding (ICPB) standards and a certificate must be presented on admission.
- Payment for the full boarding stay will be taken on admission of boarding.
- No refunds are given if you arrive early to pick your pet up from boarding.
- ICPB discourages personal belonging entering the facility with your pet. If personal belonging enter the facility they may not return in the same condition.
- If you insist your pets share a cage, you understand that at some periods of your pets boarding they will be unsupervised and you take full responsibility for discrepancies that can occur between family pets. Otherwise all boarders are housed separately.
- It is compulsory that all pets are on flea product that kills fleas on contact when entering the facility. If we find fleas on your pet we will immediately treat your pet with Capstar and place them on a flea preventative product at your own expense.
- Visiting periods can be arranged but must be scheduled with animal attendant staff. Owners will not be able to enter the boarding facility due to OH&S regulations.
- Drop off and pick up times outside of the designated hours may incur a surcharge of $20.00.
- Inner City Pet Boarding will only discharge your pet to the owner on our records or care giver nominated by the owner at time of admission.
- Charges are made per 24 hour period, therefore if your pet stays for more than a 24 hour period there will be subsequent charges.
- HVC implement protocols to ensure all boarding animals are currently vaccinated to the appropriate level and adhere to strict hygiene routines to prevent outbreaks of viruses or disease. Whenever multiple animals are housed in the same facility there is potential for spread of viruses (especially respiratory viruses) and hence some animals may become infected. Any treatment costs arising from any illness occurring during or after your pets stay will be at the owner’s expense.
- If your pet requires medical attention whilst in the boarding facility, Hamilton Veterinary clinic will offer the best possible veterinary care. We will endeavor to call you in an emergency situation regarding the health of your pet. The veterinary attention is at the expense of the owner.
- Pets on medication or medicated food must bring their own medication and food with them. If your pet requires more medication or specific food while boarding we will provide this at you own cost.
- Medications supplied must be properly labelled with a prescription label from the veterinarian. The dose on the label MUST be the current dose that you have requested us to administer. Medications purchased from HVC can be re-labelled by us if there is a dose change, or you should contact your vet for a replacement label. Medications must be within the products expiry and in their original packaging with the label clearly visible.
- If you need to organize for your pet to stay beyond the original discharge date you must provide payment on the request of extension. Management will consider the pet abandoned three days after the original discharge date if we have not had any correspondence regarding extension and payment with the owner.
- Public holidays, Christmas & Easter holiday periods will be charged at a higher rate than advertised and a minimum day stay will apply.
- If you book your pet for a certain number of days and collect them early we will only be able to refund you if we can rebook the spot with another animal.